How To Make Salmon in Foil Recipes - Lovely, fleshy salmon fillets, with shallots, lemon and olive oil, served on a bed of spinach a la creme and Basmati rice. Baked in foil, the salmon retains all its moistness and flavour.
Spinach goes very well with salmon and both are incredibly good for you. Tender Basmati rice is the perfect accompaniment and completes the dish.
Salmon in Foil
2 salmon fillets
Mixed grain pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely.
2 tbsps of olive oil
Spinach a la Crème
4 oz of frozen spinach, defrosted, drained (squeeze the water out) and chopped
or 1/2 lb of fresh spinach, blanched and chopped.
2 tbsps olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup single cream
1 cup of Basmati rice
Salmon in Foil
* Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F)
* Wash salmon and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
* Place each fillet in the centre of its own generous square of foil. You need to seal it up loosely so leave plenty of room on all sides.
* Place half of the thinly sliced shallot on the top of each salmon fillet.
* Place two slices of lemon on top of each salmon fillet.
* Drizzle a tbsp of olive oil over each salmon fillet and season with salt and mixed grain pepper.
* Fold foil over the fillets by joining the edges at the centre and folding them over loosely. At each end twist gently and turn up. (Think sweetie wrapper).
* Gently tear three or four small chimneys along the top of each foil packet.
* Put salmon packets on a baking tray and place them in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes.
* Remove the packets from the oven and let them stand for 5 minutes or so.
* Unwrap and arrange on a plate with the spinach and Basmati rice. Serve.
* Once your salmon is in the oven, put two tbsps of olive oil in a frying pan and heat.
* Add finely chopped garlic and let it cook on a high heat.
* Just as garlic starts to brown, gradually add handfuls of the chopped drained spinach turning and mixing all the time.
* The spinach will soak up all the oil quickly so keep it turning for 5 minutes.
* Season with mixed grain pepper and salt.
* Add a knob of butter to the pan and stir.
* Reduce heat to low, add 1/2 cup of single cream.
* Stir and cover for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.