Coffee and Cream Cookie Nutty Coffee Squares Recipes - This session includes not only dried fruit cookies recipes but also delicious coffee cream cookies recipes best for coffee lover. Get all the coffee cream and dried fruit cookies recipes such as Nutty Coffee Squares.
Nutty Coffee Squares Ingredients
* 1 1/3 cups/200 g whole almonds
* 2 tbsp water
* 3/4 cup/150 g granulated sugar
* 2 tsp freeze-dried coffee granules
* 2 large egg whites
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 1 tbsp confectioners'/icing sugar
Nutty Coffee Squares Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/gas 4. Butter an 8-inch (20-cm) baking pan.
2. Place the almonds in a large bowl and pour over enough hot water to cover them completely. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Use a slotted spoon to scoop the nuts out of the water and place on a kitchen towel. Fold over the kitchen towel and gently rub the nuts to remove the skins. Pick out the skins and discard them.
4. Finely chop the almonds. Bring 2 tablespoons water, the granulated sugar, and the coffee granules to a boil in a small saucepan until the sugar and coffee have dissolved completely.
5. Stir in the almonds. Remove from the heat and set aside. Beat the egg whites and salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
6. Use a large rubber spatula to fold in the almond mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Dust with the confectioners' sugar.