Coffee and Cream Cookie Hazelnut Slabs with Coffee Glaze Recipes - This session includes not only dried fruit cookies recipes but also delicious coffee cream cookies recipes best for coffee lover. Get all the coffee cream and dried fruit cookies recipes such as Hazelnut Slabs with Coffee Glaze.
Hazelnut Slabs with Coffee Glaze Ingredients
* 12/3 cups/250 g all-purpose/plain flour
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 3/4 cup/180 g butter, softened
* 3/4 cup/125 g confectioners'/icing sugar
* 1 1/4 cups/125 g finely chopped hazelnuts
* 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
* 1 tbsp freeze-dried coffee granules dissolved in 2 tsp hot water
Hazelnut Slabs with Coffee Glaze Method:
1. sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Beat the butter and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy.
2. Mix in the dry ingredients, followed by the hazelnuts to form a dough. Press the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C/ gas 5. Butter two cookie sheets. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/4 inch (5 mm).
4. Coffee Glaze: Beat the egg white and coffee in a small bowl. Brush all over the dough.
5. Cut into 3 x 1 1/2-inch (8 x 4-cm) bars and use a spatula to transfer to the prepared cookie sheets, placing them 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Transfer to racks and let cool completely.