How to Make Ginger Molasses Cookies Recipes - Get all the free Sugar Cookies recipes listed here Ginger Molasses Cookies !
Ginger Molasses Cookies Ingredients
* 1 1/4 cups/180 g all-purpose/plain flour
* 1 tsp ground ginger
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 4 tbsp butter, cut up
* 1/4 cup/50 g firmly packed light brown sugar
* 4 tbsp light molasses
Ginger Molasses Cookies Method:
1. Sift the flour, ginger, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Melt the butter with the brown sugar and molasses in a medium saucepan over low heat.
2. Remove from the heat and mix in the dry ingredients to form a stiff dough. Press the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 325°F/170°C/gas 3. Butter two cookie sheets. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/4 inch (5 mm).
4. Use a 2-inch (5cm) cookie cutter to cut out the cookies. Gather the dough scraps, re-roll and continue cutting out cookies until all the dough is used.
5. Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to the prepared cookie sheets, placing them 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until firm to the touch and just golden. Transfer to racks to cool.