How To Make Dover Sole in Thyme Sauce Recipes - With a delicate flavour and a minimum of cooking required who doesn't love Dover Sole?
Here is a simple recipe for a Dover Sole dinner for two. Serve with rice or spinach a la creme.
2 Dover Soles
1 glass white wine
1 tbsp sherry
Salt and pepper
* Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Skin and trim the soles.
* Butter a dish or dishes large enough to take the soles without overlapping.
* Add soles, stock, wine and sherry. Cover with buttered foil and cook for 7 minutes.
* Remove fish and keep warm.
* Pour stock into saucepan and reduce.
* Melt half the butter and mix with breadcrumbs and most of the thyme. Season. Use this to coat the soles.
* Brown the fish under a hot preheated grill. Remove to warm serving dish in oven.
* Add cream to stock, bring to boil briefly then reduce heat. Add rest of butter a little at a time, stirring until melted.
* Finally, add remainder of thyme.
This recipe was kindly provided by and is copyright of The Fish Society. Visit their website for excellent seafood products delivered to your doorstep (UK only) and more tasty fish and shellfish recipes.