How to Make Crimson Cookies Recipes - Get all the free Sugar Cookies recipes listed here Crimson Cookies Recipe !
Crimson Cookies Ingredients
* 3/4 cup/180 ml pure maple syrup
* 2/3 cup/150 g butter, cut up
* 1 cup/150 g all-purpose/plain flour
* 1/4 tsp baking soda
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 1/4 cup/50 g granulated sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
* 1 large egg
* 1 cup/150 g confectioners'/icing sugar
* 2-3 tbsp water
* few drops red food coloring
Crimson Cookies Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 375F/190C/gas 5. Butter four cookie sheets.
2. Bring the maple syrup to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat and boil for 5 minutes. Add the butter and boil for 2 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar. Add the vanilla and egg to the maple syrup mixture, beating until just blended.
4. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well. Drop teaspoons of the batter 3 inches (8cm) apart onto the prepared cookie sheet. Do not drop more than four cookies onto each cookie sheet.
5. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 5-8 minutes, or until faintly tinged with brown on top and slightly darker at the edges. Cool on the sheets until the cookies firm slightly. Transfer to racks to finish cooling.
6. Butter the cookie sheets again and continue to bake in batches until all the batter has been used.
7. Frosting; Mix the confectioners' sugar, water and food coloring in a small bowl to make a thin glaze. Drizzle over the tops of the cookies in a decorative manner.