Cod Steaks with Creamy Leek Sauce Recipes - Nobody knows fish better than the guys at The Fish Society and this is one of their recipes.
Leek and cod go very well together, in fact, leek is great with all types of seafood. This is easy to make and very tasty..
4 cod steaks
350ml / 12 fl oz dry white wine
350ml / 12 fl oz water
2 medium onions, sliced
Salt and pepper
½ tsp thyme
4 leeks chopped
125ml / 5fl oz double cream
* Combine wine, water, onions, cloves, salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaf in a pan, bring to boil and simmer for 15 mins.
* Add the fish and simmer for 7-8 mins.
* Remove cod steaks being careful not to break them up, and keep warm.
* Boil liquid to reduce to approximately 1 cup; discard bay leaf.
* Add leeks, simmer for 6-7 mins but do not boil.
* Fold in cream and nutmeg, heat gently, do not boil.
* Serve sauce over cod steaks.