How To Make Clams with Pasta Seafood Recipes - A twist on the popular Pasta Vongole that you might find in any Italian restaurant, this straightforward recipe was kindly provided by The Fish Society.
Clams with Pasta Seafood Ingredients:
1 pack clams
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 large onion, chopped finely
1 red pepper, chopped finely
1 small tin peeled and deseeded tomatoes
1 bay leaf
A little chopped parsley
A few strands of saffron
Salt & pepper
* Rinse clams thoroughly under running water as every now and then they might be a touch gritty. If using frozen clams do this after defrosting.
* Sauté the onion, garlic and red pepper in the oil for 1 minute then reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
* When the onion has been cooking for 10 minutes or so, start the pasta cooking in boiling water. Add last five ingredients to the onion and cook on a fairly high heat for 5 minutes, uncovered.
* Drain the pasta and return to its pan. Add the stock and the clams.
* Cook for 10 minutes over a medium heat.
This recipe was kindly provided by and is copyright of The Fish Society. Visit their website for excellent seafood products delivered to your doorstep (UK only) and more tasty fish and shellfish recipes.