How to Make Citrus Moons Recipes - Get all the fresh fruit cookies recipes such as Fruit Squares Recipe, Glazed Orange Cookie, Apple Smiles Recipe, Blimey Lime Cookie, Carrot Orange Cookie, Orange Thins Recipe, Pineapple Ginger Squares, Tangy Pineapple Cookie, Healthy Banana Cookie, Lady Lemon Cookie, Citrus Moons Recipe and more...
Citrus Moons Ingredients
* 1 2/3 cups/250 g all purpose/plain flour
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup/125 g butter, softened
* 3/4 cup/125 g confectioners'/icing sugar
* 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
* 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract/essence
* Grated zest of 1 orange
* Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
* 1 large egg yolk
* 1 tbsp water
* 2 tbsp flaked almonds
Citrus Moons Method:
1. Sift the flour and salt into a medium bowl. Beat the butter and confectioners' and vanilla sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy.
2. Add the whole egg and egg yolk and vanilla, beating until just blended. Mix in the dry ingredients to form a stiff dough.
3. Divide the dough in half. Knead the orange zest into one half and lemon zest into the other. Press each dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/gas 4. Set out three cookie sheets. Roll out each dough half on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/4 inch (5 mm).
5. Use 2-inch (5-cm) crescent-shaped cookie cutters to cut out the cookies. Gather the dough scraps, re-roll, and continue cutting out cookies until all the dough is used.
6. Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to the prepared cookie sheets, placing them 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart.
7. Topping: Beat the egg yolk with the water in a small bowl. Brush over the tops of the cookies and decorate with almonds.
8. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 8-10 minutes, or until firm to the touch and the edges are lightly golden. Transfer to racks to cool.