How To Make Chickpea Cream Soup Recipes - As well as being easy to make this is also a very nutritious dish. Chickpeas are rich in fibre and protein as well as providing iron and calcium.
Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans are legumes like peas and lentils. This dish will take about 30 minutes to make from start to finish.
Serves 4 people
400 grams of chickpeas (you may find them sold in glass jars in the supermarket)
1 big potato
1 clove of garlic
3 spoonfuls of olive oil
1 litre of broth or water
4 spoonfuls of cream
* Peel onion and garlic and fry them in the oil for 10 minutes.
* Peel the potato and cut into ½ inch cubes.
* Add diced potato and drained chickpeas to the pot, reserving a handful of chickpeas for decoration.
* Add broth or water. Cook about 15 minutes.
* Mash chickpeas and potatoes to a soft cream consistency.
* Salt to taste.
* Serve immediately in bowls, add a spoonful of cream in each one and decorate with some chickpeas.
Alternative seasoning: You may try adding a touch of cumin and curry powder to the soup at the start of the cooking time and garnish with a sprinkling of finely chopped mint for a more Moroccan flavour.