How to Make Cherry Cookies Recipes - Get all the fresh fruit cookies recipes such as Fruit Squares Recipe, Glazed Orange Cookie, Apple Smiles Recipe, Blimey Lime Cookie, Carrot Orange Cookie, Orange Thins Recipe, Pineapple Ginger Squares, Tangy Pineapple Cookie, Healthy Banana Cookie, Lady Lemon Cookie, Cherry Cookies Recipe and more...
Cherry Cookies Ingredients
* 1 2/3 cups/250 g all purpose/plain flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup/125 g butter, cut up
* 1 large egg, lightly beaten
* 3/4 cup/150 g granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup/50 g finely chopped candied cherries
* 1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
Cherry Cookies Method:
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Use a pastry blender to cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
2. Add the egg, beating until just blended. Stir in the sugar, cherries, and vanilla to form a soft dough. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
3. Form the dough into a long log 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C/gas 5. Butter three cookie sheets. Slice the dough 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick and place 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
5. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 8-10 minutes, or until just golden. Transfer to racks to cool.