Coffee and Cream Cookie Cavour Coffee Biscotti Recipes - This session includes not only dried fruit cookies recipes but also delicious coffee cream cookies recipes best for coffee lover. Get all the coffee cream and dried fruit cookies recipes such as Cavour Coffee Biscotti.
Cavour Coffee Biscotti Ingredients
* 1 cup/150 g almonds
* 1/2 cup/50 g coarsely chopped pistachios
* 5 tbsp espresso coffee beans
* 2 1/3 cups/500 g all-purpose/plain flour
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup/125 g butter, cut up
* 1 cup/200 g granulated sugar
* 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 1/2 cup/125 ml strong coffee
* 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
Cavour Coffee Biscotti Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/gas 4. Line three cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Spread the almonds and pistachios on separate large baking sheets. Toast each for 7 minutes, or until lightly golden.
3. Transfer the almonds to a food processor and process until finely chopped. Coarsely grind 2 tablespoons of the beans with a pestle and mortar or in a food processor.
4. Grind the remaining beans in a coffee grinder until very fine. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Use a pastry blender to cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Mix in the almonds, pistachios, coarsely and finely ground espresso beans, sugar, eggs, and coffee to form a stiff dough. Divide the dough in three.
6. Form into three logs about 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter and place 2 inches (5 cm) apart on the prepared cookie sheets, flattening them slightly.
7. Dust each log with cocoa powder and cinnamon. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 25-30 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Transfer to a cutting board to cool for 15 minutes.
8. Lower the oven temperature to 300°F/150°C/gas 2. Cut on the diagonal into 1inch (2.5-cm) slices.
9. Arrange the slices cut-side up on the cookie sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes, or golden and toasted. Transfer to racks to cool.