How to Make Carrot and Orange Cookies Recipes - Get all the fresh fruit cookies recipes such as Fruit Squares Recipe, Glazed Orange Cookie, Apple Smiles Recipe, Blimey Lime Cookie, Carrot Orange Cookie, Orange Thins Recipe, Pineapple Ginger Squares, Tangy Pineapple Cookie, Healthy Banana Cookie, Lady Lemon Cookie, Carrot and Orange Cookies and more...
Carrot and Orange Cookies Ingredients
* 1/3 cups/200 g all purpose/plain flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp ground allspice
* 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
* 1/4 tsp ground ginger
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 cup/250 g butter, softened
* 1 cup/200 g firmly packed light brown sugar
* 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
* 1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
* 2 large eggs
* 1 1/2 cups/185 g finely shredded carrots
* 1/2 cup/90 g raisin
* 1/2 cup/60 g shredded/desiccated coconut
* 1/4 cup/30 g old-fashioned rolled oats
Carrot and Orange Cookies Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C/gas 5. Oil four cookie sheets.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, and salt into a medium bowl.
3. Beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy.
4. Add the orange zest and vanilla. Add the eggs, carrots, raisins, coconut, and oats. Mix in the dry ingredients.
5. Drop teaspoons of the dough 2 inches (5 cm) apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
6. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to racks and let cool completely.