How to Make Brown Sugar Pecan Snaps Recipes - Get all the free Sugar Cookies recipes listed here Brown Sugar Pecan Snaps !
Brown Sugar Pecan Snaps Ingredients
* 1/2 cup/75 g all-purpose/plain flour
* 1/4 tsp baking powder
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 4 tbsp butter, cut up
* 6 tbsp light corn syrup
* 1/4 cup/50 g firmly packed dark brown sugar
* 1/2 cup/50 g finely chopped pecans
* 1/2 cup/125 ml heavy/double cream
* 1/4 tsp vanilla extract/essence
* 2 tbsp confectioners'/icing sugar
Brown Sugar Pecan Snaps Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C/gas 5. Line three cookie sheets with parchment paper. Butter two rolling pins.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Melt the butter with the corn syrup and brown sugar in a medium saucepan.
3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Mix in the dry ingredients and pecans.
4. Drop teaspoons of the dough 3 inches (8 cm) apart onto the sheets. Do not drop more than six cookies onto each sheet.
5. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until lightly browned. Lift each cookie from the sheet and drape it over a rolling pin.
6. Slide each cookie off the pin and onto racks to finish cooling. Butter the cookie sheets again and continue to bake in batches until all the batter has been used.
7. Beat the cream with the vanilla and confectioners' sugar until stiff. Fit a pastry bag with a 1 1/2-inch star tip.
8. Fill the pastry bag, twist the opening tightly closed, and squeeze out cream rosettes into the cookies.