How to Make Boozy Chocolate Squares Recipes - Get all the free Chocolate Cookies recipes listed here Boozy Chocolate Squares !
Boozy Chocolate Squares Ingredients
* 1 1/2 cups/225 g self-rising flour
* 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp ground cloves
* 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup/90 g dark raisins
* 1/2 cup/90 g golden raisins/sultanas
* 1/2 cup/125 ml dark rum mixed with
* 1 tbsp cold water
* 3/4 cup/75 g candied cherries, halved
* 1 cup/100 g chopped walnuts
* 1 cup/100 g chopped almonds
* 3 oz/90 g semisweet/dark chocolate, chopped
* 3/4 cup/180 g butter
* 1 cup/200 g firmly packed light brown sugar
* zest of 1 orange
* 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 3 tbsp orange juice
Boozy Chocolate Squares Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F/170°C/gas 3. Butter an 11 x 7-inch (28 x 18-cm) baking pan. Line with parchment paper, letting the edges overhang.
2. Sift the flour, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and salt into a large bowl. Bring the dark raisins, golden raisins, and rum mixture to a boil in a large saucepan.
3. Remove from the heat and set aside for 15 minutes to allow the raisins to soak up the liquid. Mix the raisin mixture, cherries, walnuts, and almonds in a large bowl.
4. Use a large rubber spatula to fold in 1 tablespoon of the dry ingredients and stir until well coated. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over barely simmering water.
5. Beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy.
6. Add the orange zest and melted chocolate. Add the eggs, beating until just blended, adding 1 tablespoon of the dry ingredients.
7. Use a large rubber spatula to fold in the remaining dry ingredients, followed by the raisin mixture and orange juice. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
8. Bake for 60-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into squares.