How to Make Blimey Lime Cookies Recipes - Get all the fresh fruit cookies recipes such as Fruit Squares Recipe, Glazed Orange Cookie, Apple Smiles Recipe, Blimey Lime Cookie, Carrot Orange Cookie, Orange Thins Recipe, Pineapple Ginger Squares, Tangy Pineapple Cookie, Healthy Banana Cookie, Lady Lemon Cookie, Blimey Lime Cookies and more...
Blimey Lime Cookies Ingredients
* 3 1/2 cups/535 g all purpose/plain flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup/50 g sunflower seeds, toasted
* 1/2 cup/125 g butter, softened
* 2 1/4 cups/450 g granulated sugar
* 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
* grated zest of 2 limes
* 2 large eggs
* 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
Blimey Lime Cookies Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/gas 4. Line three cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl. Stir in the sunflower seeds.
3. Beat the butter, 2 cups (400 g) of sugar, oil, and grated zest of 1 lime in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy.
4. Add the eggs, beating until just blended. Mix in the dry ingredients and lime juice. Mix the remaining sugar and lime zest in a small bowl.
5. Form the dough into balls the size of walnuts and roll in the lime sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches (5 cm) apart on the prepared cookie sheets, flattening them slightly.
6. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 10-12 minutes, or until just golden at the edges. Transfer to racks and let cool completely.