How to Make Black Sugar Cookies Recipes - Get all the free Sugar Cookies recipes listed here Black Sugar Cookies Recipe !
Black Sugar Cookies Ingredients
* 1 cup/150 g all-purpose/plain flour
* 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 5 tbsp butter, cut up
* 6 tbsp light/single cream
* 1/3 cup/70 g granulated sugar, to sprinkle
* 2 oz/50 g semisweet/dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
* 1 cup/150 g confectioners'/icing sugar
* 1 tbsp light/single cream
Black Sugar Cookies Method:
1. Sift the flour, cocoa, and salt into a large bowl. Use a pastry blender to cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Mix in the cream. Press the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C/gas 5. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/8 inch (3 mm).
4. Use a 1 1/2-inch (4-cm) cookie cutter to cut out the cookies. Gather the dough scraps, re-roll, and continue cutting out cookies until all the dough is used.
5. Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to the cookie sheet, spacing them 1 1/2 inches (4-cm) apart. Sprinkle with the sugar.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until just firm to the touch. Transfer to racks to cool.
Filling: Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over barely simmering water. Remove from the heat and mix in the confectioners' sugar and cream.
7. Stick the cookies together in pairs with the filling. Let the cookies stand for 30 minutes to set.