How to Make Apricot and Chocolate Pretzels Recipes - Get all the free Chocolate Cookies recipes listed here Apricot and Chocolate Pretzels !
Apricot and Chocolate Pretzels Ingredients
* 1 cup/100 g finely chopped dried apricots
* 5 tbsp orange juice
* 5 tbsp butter
* 1 1/3 cups/180 g allpurpose/plain flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 cup/50 g granulated sugar
* 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
* 2 oz/50 g semisweet/dark chocolate, finely grated
Apricot and Chocolate Pretzels Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/gas 4. Line three cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix the apricots, orange juice, and 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, or until the apricots have softened. Let cool completely.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar. Use a pastry blender to cut in the remaining butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
4. Add the egg yolks, chocolate, and apricot mixture to make a stiff dough. Form tablespoons of the dough into 6 inch (15-cm) ropes.
5. Make each rope into a pretzel shape by twisting the two ends around each other, then bringing both back near to the center of the strip, about 1 inch apart.
6. Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to the cookie sheet, spacing 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart.
7. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 12-15 minutes, or until just golden. Transfer to racks to cool.