How to Make Apple Cookies Recipes - Get all the fresh fruit cookies recipes such as Fruit Squares Recipe, Glazed Orange Cookie, Apple Smiles Recipe, Blimey Lime Cookie, Carrot Orange Cookie, Orange Thins Recipe, Pineapple Ginger Squares, Tangy Pineapple Cookie, Healthy Banana Cookie, Lady Lemon Cookie, Apple Cookies and more...
Apple Cookies Ingredients
* 2 medium sweet Cooking apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
* 3/4 cup/150 g granulated sugar
* 2 cups/300 g all purpose/plain flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 3/4 cup/180 g butter, softened
* 1 large egg
* 3/4 cup/120 g raisins
* 1 cup/100 g corn flakes
Apple Cookies Method:
1. Cook the apples with 1 tablespoon of sugar in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until the apples have softened.
2. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C/gas 6. Butter three cookie sheets.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt into a medium bowl.
4. Beat the butter and remaining sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy.
5. Add the egg, beating until just blended. Mix in alternating tablespoons of the dry ingredients and the cooked apples until well blended.
6. Stir in the raisins and com flakes. Drop teaspoons of the dough 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
7. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to racks to cool.