How to Make Angelica-topped Cookies Recipes - Get all the free Chocolate Cookies recipes listed here Angelica-topped Cookies !
Angelica-topped Cookies Ingredients
* 2 cups/300 g all-purpose/plain flour
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 2 oz/60 g semisweet/dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
* 1/2 cup/125 g butter, softened
* 1 cup/200 g granulated sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
* 2 tbsp milk
* 1 large egg, lightly beaten
* 2 tbsp chopped angelica
Angelica-topped Cookies Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/gas 4. Butter four cookie sheets. Sift the flour and salt into a medium bowl.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over barely simmering water. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy.
3. Add the vanilla, milk, and egg, beating until just blended. Mix in the dry ingredients and chocolate.
4. Insert the chosen design plate into the press by sliding it into the head and locking in place. Press out the cookies, spacing about 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
5. Place a piece of angelica into the center of each cookie. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 8-10 minutes, or until just colored and crisp. Transfer to racks to cool.