How to Make African Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes - Get all the free Chocolate Cookies recipes listed here African Chocolate Chip Cookies !
African Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
* 2 cups/300 g all-purpose/plain flour
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 cup/250 g butter, softened
* 1 1/2 cups/300 g firmly packed dark brown sugar
* 1/4 cup/50 g granulated sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
* 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
* 1 tsp baking soda dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
* 1 1/4 cups/230 g semisweet/dark chocolate chips
African Chocolate Chip Cookies Method:
1. Butter and flour two 12-cup muffin pans, or line with foil or paper baking cups. Sift the flour and salt into a medium bowl.
2. Beat the butter and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy.
3. Add the vanilla and egg and egg yolk, beating until just blended. Mix in the baking soda mixture, followed by the dry ingredients.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon the cookie dough evenly into the prepared cups and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/gas 4. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until set. Cool completely in the pans.