How To Make Tomato and Carrot Soup Recipes - Soup has got to be my favourite type of food and Thai Shrimp Soup was the first dish I ever made successfully. As I gained confidence, I experimented with all sorts of weird combinations and begged soup recipes from friends, family, restaurants and strangers in the street.
This vegetarian blend of tomato and carrot works very well and is low in calories so you can tuck in to your heart's content.
4 oz peeled carrots
1 chopped onion, medium size
dash of lemon juice
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 lb tomatoes
pinch of grated nutmeg
1 oz tomato puree
1/2 pint single cream
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
* Add oil to a saucepan and heat gently, add garlic, carrots and onion and cook on a low/medium heat for ten minutes, until they are softened but not brown.
* Add the vegetable stock and peeled chopped tomatoes to the pan, stirring gently.
* Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
* Stir in the tomato puree.
* Bring the liquid to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
* Remove from heat and allow the soup to cool a little before transferring to a food blender.
* Blend to a smooth, creamy texture, then return the soup to the pan.
* Add cream and pasrley and heat without boiling.
* Serve immediately with a sprig of parsley to garnish.