How To Make Thai Shrimp Soup Recipes - From my first disasterous ventures into the kitchen, I was aways looking for easy and quick dishes that looked and tasted delicious enough to impress guests and finally shake my reputation as the world's worst cook.
Well this is the perfect recipe for nervous chefs. Light, delicious, easy and quick. They'll be knocking down your door for another dinner invitation (instead of wildly making excuses why they can't come).
12 sprigs of coriander
6 sprigs of parsley
1 large onion
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp groundnut oil
8 spring onions (scallions)
Thai fish sauce (Nahm Pla)
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 lb fresh peeled shrimps
2 lightly beaten eggs
* Finely chop the coriander, parsley and garlic.
* Coarsely chop the onion.
* Drop the coriander, parsley, garlic and onion into a food process and blend to a smooth paste.
* Heat the oil in a wok and stir fry the paste for 2 minutes.
* Add 1 pint of boiling water to the wok. bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
* Add the spring onions, fish sauce, sugar, soy sauce and shrimps.
* Bring back to the boil, stirring continuously.
* Stir in the lightly beaten eggs mix well.
* Remove the pan from the heat and serve immediately in warm bowls.
The Nahm Pla and Soy sauce already add their own saltiness to the soup so do test it first before you add any more salt.