How To Make Spanish Serrano Ham and Chicken Stew Recipes - Serrano Ham is a Spanish speciality, similar to Italy's prosciutto (Parma ham) but with a curing time of a year to eighteen months it has a fuller flavour and a firmer texture.
This country stew combines Serrano Ham with tender chicken thighs to give a tasty and satisfying stew, easy to make, with a cooking time of about 50 minutes.
Serves: 4 people
8 chicken thighs
75 grams of serrano ham
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 tin of tomato pulp
4 spoonfuls of oil
1 glass of chicken stock(or of water with half bullion cube)
* Fry and season the chicken thighs and coat them in the oil. Keep to one side.
* Peel and chop the onion, cut and dice the peppers.
* Cut the Serrano Ham in medium dice.
* Braise the vegetables in the oil of frying the thighs and, when they begin to soften to add the crushed tomato and the chicken.
* Add water with the broth and to cook to soft fire.
* After 20 minutes, add the ham dice, half of the thyme and continue cooking for a further 20 minutes. Salt to taste.