How To Make Sausage Rolls Recipes - A staple of children's parties, picnics and social gatherings, I don't think I was ever at a get-to-gether that did not include sausage rolls until I was about 24 years old.
Sausage Rolls Ingredients:
Makes 18 rolls
* 11/4 lb puff pastry
* 1 lb lean pork sausage meat
* 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
* salt and pepper
* I egg
1. Preheat oven to 220°, (gas mark 7, 425°F)
2. Lightly flour your worktop, then rroll out pastry to a rectangle of about 18 inches by 6 inches. (46 x 15 cm).
3. Cut pastry in half lengthwise to give two, 3 inch strips.
4. In a bowl, mix the sausage meat, herbs salt and pepper.
5. Divide saudage mixture in half and roll each portion out into a long sausage.
6. Place a roll of sausage meat in the middle of each strip of pasty.
7. Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg then fold the pastry over and seal the edges.
8. Brush beaten egg all over the pastry cases then cut them into 2 inch pieces.
9. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until they are crisp and golden.