Easy Quick-Fix Venison Chili Recipe - A very easy and fast chili recipe to try. When time is short, this us a great meal to prepare. While it simmers, heat up some refrigerated bread or biscuits in the oven, read the day’s mail, set the table and sip a nice cocktail!
Quick-Fix Venison Chili Ingredients:
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 tbsp. canola oil
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2½ lb. lean ground venison
* 1 can (15oz.) kidney beans, drained
* 1 can (11oz.) corn, drained
* 1 can (28oz.) whole tomatoes with juice
* 2 tbsp. chili powder
* 2 tsp. cumin powder
* 1 tsp. salt
* ¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper
1. In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, sauté the onion in canola oil over medium heat.
2. When the onions are translucent, add in the garlic.
3. Continue sautéing until the garlic begins to turn slightly golden.
4. Add in the ground venison and continue to cook.
5. Stir to break up the venison and cook until all the meat is browned and add in the remaining ingredients.
6. As you add in the tomatoes, break up the whole ones with your fingers or with a knife, if you prefer.
7. Stir the mixture to blend the ingredients well.
8. Heat to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally.
9. Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes.
10. Serve with grated cheddar cheese and enjoy bread or biscuits such as Pillsburry.