How To Make Hearty Tomato and Pepper Stew Recipes - This tasty and colourful Spanish vegetarian dish will take about 30 minutes from start to finish. It will serve 4 large portions or 6 smaller portions.
Hearty Tomato and Pepper Stew Ingredients:
2 tbsps olive oil
1 large red onion
2 large red peppers
1 large green pepper
4 large ripe tomatoes
2 tsps brown sugar
* Chop onion lengthways
* Chop peppers into squares
* Peel tomatoes (make a small cross at the top of the tomato and place into boiling water).
* Heat oil in a medium pan and add onion.
* Cook over a low heat until the onion is soft
* Add red and green peppers and stir while cooking over medium heat for 5 minutes.
* Add peeled tomatoes and brown sugar.
* Stir, reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer for 6-8 minutes until vegetables are tender.