For adults you can use a much spicier seasoning mix and serve with a fiery tomato relish.
Kids love the combining bit of this recipe too so prepare the spices you want to use and get your little helper to roll up his sleeves and do the mixing for you.
4 - 6 large potatoes
3 tbsps of olive oil
Salt and pepper or mixed seasonings
* Preheat oven to 190° Celsius (375° FH). Without peeling the potatoes, give them a thorough wash.
* Cut lengthwise into approximately 3 cm thick strips.
* Place in a bowl and drizzle the oil over them.
* Turn the potatoes to get them coated in the oil.
* Now add you choice of seasoning. You can really make this different every time. Try simple sea or garlic salt, Chinese pepper salt, paprika, mixed Indian spices, or ready made stock powder.
* Sprinkle your choice of seasonings over the potatoes in the bowl and mix together to get all the potatoes covered in oil and spices.
* When you are ready and the baking tray is hot, lay out the wedges, spacing them evenly as possible.
* Pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes.
* When they are nicely brown on the underside, turn them over and roast again for another 20-25 minutes.
* They are done when they are cooked right through and are a nice golden colour on both sides.
An alternative to simply roasting the potatoes is to parboil them for 15 minutes or so first. This cuts down on the oven time.