How To Make German Chocolate Upside Down Cake Recipes - A very easy to make upside down cake that uses a coconut marshmallow mixture as a tasty addition to the cakes already great taste.
* 1 1/4 cups water
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 cup flaked coconut
* 2 cups miniature marshmallows
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* 4 (1 ounce) squares German sweet chocolate
* 1/2 cup water
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Not necessary to grease pan.
2. In a sauce pan, combine 1 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup butter or margarine. Heat until butter melts, then stir in brown sugar and coconut. Pour into ungreased 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle marshmallows and nuts over top. set aside.
3. For the cake: in a saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate with 1/2 cup water. Heat, stirring, until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
4. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, soda and salt. Add sour cream, 1/2 cup butter or margarine, vanilla and eggs. Add chocolate mixture and beat 3 minutes. Carefully spoon batter over coconut marshmallow mixture in pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Place pan on foil or cookie sheet to guard against spillage.