Flourless Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake Recipes - This flourless chocolate cake is a perfect desert if your watching your sugar intake or just trying to make a low calerie cake. If you use a sugar free vanilla extract then the only sugar in the cake is the natural sugar in the almond flour.
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
* 2 tablespoons almond flour
* 1/2 lb semisweet chocolate chunk (for cooking)
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 2 egg yolks
* 5 egg whites (at room temperature)
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray pan with butter and dust with cocoa powder. (do not tap out excess).
3. Combine melted chocolate and remaining butter. Stir until smooth and combined. In a large bowl combine the chocolate mixture with the almond flour, sour cream, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. Stir until well-blended.
4. With an electric mixture, beat egg whites and salt until stiff glossy peaks form. Add one-quarter of egg whites to the chocolate mixture to lighten. Gently fold in the remaining whites until no white streaks remain.
5. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top.
6. Bake for 20 min or until cake has risen and is barely dry on the top. A wooden tooth pick inserted comes out with a lots of moist crumbs.
7. Place cake, still in the pan, on a rack and cool until warm. Cake will fall dramatically. Loosen edges of the cake with a knife and remove the pan sides.
8. This cake can be combined with the Sugar Free Chocolate Mousse and topped with toasted slivered almonds. Texture should be dense, moist and slightly fudgy.
9. Chocolate can be melted on low microwave setting just until melted or over a double boiler.
1. 4 g. Net Digestible Carbs per serving size (without mousse or almonds)
2. 1 g. Sugar.