How To Make Crispy-Crumb Chicken Strips Recipes - Adding cornflakes to the breadcrumbs makes these chicken strips particularly light and crispy.
They make great finger food for parties and kids love them too.
* 4 skinless, deboned chicken breasts
* 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs
* 1/3 cup of crushed cornflakes
* 1 egg
* 1/3 cup of plain flour
* 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
* 2 tsps of garlic salt
* 1 tsp of pepper
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C, 400 FH
2. Cut chicken breasts into strips
3. Toss the chicken strips in the flour, shake off excess and lay to one side.
4. Lightly beat the egg
5. Mix together breadcrumbs, crushed cornflakes, finely grated Parmesan cheese, the garlic salt and the pepper.
6. Dip the strips into the egg and then into the breadcrumb mixture, making sure the strips are well coated.
7. Space the strips out evenly on a baking sheet and pop it into the fridge to chill for about 20 minutes.
8. Place the baking tray into the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until crisp, golden and cooked through.