How To Make Cress and Cauliflower Soup Recipes - Delicious, unusual and satisfying, this Cress and Cauliflower Soup is a great starter for a dinner party or served in big bowls with heaps of crusty bread, it makes a meal all on its own.
The recipe below uses chicken stock but you need only substitute vegetable stock to make this a vegetarian dish.
1 bunch of watercress, roughly chopped
2tbsps vegetable oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 cauliflower, chopped
1 1/4 pints of tasty chicken (or vegetable stock)
Salt and pepper
4 tbsps single cream
* Heat the oil in a saucepan, pop in the chopped onion and cress, cover and cook slowly for 10 minutes or so until the onion has softened.
* Add the cauliflower, salt and pepper.
* Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
* Cool, then transfer soup into a food processor and blend to a smooth texture.
* Return to the pan and heat through.
* Serve with a touch of green cress on top and lovely hot, crusty bread.