How To Make Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipes - This is an easy soup to make but the trick is in only using closed cap mushrooms.
If you do not, the dark gills under the mushroom will bleed out and turn your tasty soup an unappetizing shade of grey.
3-5 large closed cap mushrroms
1 oz butter or margarine
1 pint of vegetable stock
1/2 pint of milk
Salt and white pepper to taste
2/3 heaped teaspoons of cornflour
* Finely chop the mushrooms.
* Melt the butter in a large pot, add the mushrooms and cook for two minutes.
* Add the vegetable stock, salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
* and in a large pot.
* Remove the pot from the heat and add milk.
* Return the pot to the bring back to the boil.
* Mix the cornflour in a little water.
* Remove the soup from the heat and slowly stir in the cornflour.