How To Make Chorizo and Chickpea Stew Recipes - Full of vegetable and chickpea goodness with the flavour of hambone and chorizo sausage, this is Spanish dish is good for a hearty dinner on a cold day.
It takes three hours to make this dish from start to finish, but it is easy to prepare.
Serves 4 people
400 grams of chickpeas
1 red pepper
150 milligrams of crushed tomato
6 spoonfuls of olive oil
1 ham bone
50 grams of spicy chorizo sausage
* If you are using dried chickpeas put them in lukewarm water to soak overnight.
* The next day, drain chickpeas and put them in a pot. Add the hambone and cover with lukewarm water.
* Add two spoonfuls of oil and season very lightly. (The hambone and chorizo will add a lot of flavour so do not overdo the salt at this stage).
* Cook the chickpeas and hambone for two and a half to three hours, taking off the foam that is formed in the surface.
* Meanwhile, chop the small onion and dice the red pepper. Braise both in a little oil.
* Add the crushed tomato and then the diced marrow.
* Allow the vegetables to cook on low heat afor about three hours.
* Add the vegetables to the chickpeas and mix well. Cut the chorizo into slices and add to the chickpea/vegetable pot. Cook for a further 5 minutes.