Easy Spicy Chili Prawns Taco Recipe - Another Mexican taco treats to prepare, who doesn’t like chili, prawns and tortilla anyway. A flavorful spicy shrimp taco with sour cream, top with fresh japaleno chilies, spring onions, tomatoes, and coriander.
Chili Prawns Taco Ingredients:
* 600g raw prawns, shelled and deveined
* 2 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
* 12 tortilla shells
* spring onions, chopped to garnish
* soured cream, to serve
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
* 2 fresh hot green chilies, such as jalapeno, deseeded and finely chopped
* 3 gralic cloves, crushed
* 1 tsp. ground cumin
* 1 tsp. ground coriander
* 1 tsp. brown sugar
* 450g ripe tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
* juice of 1/2 lemon
* salt and pepper
1. To make the sauce, heat the oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat and add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
2. Add the pepper and chilies and cook for another 5 minutes, then add in garlic, cumin, coriander and sugar and cook the sauce for a further 2 minutes, stirring.
3. Add the tomatoes, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the prawns and parsley, cover and cook gently for 5-8 minutes, or until the prawns are pink and tender.
5. Meanwhile, place the tortilla shells, open-side down, on a baking sheet and warm in a preheated oven, 180C (350F) for about 2-3 minutes.
6. To serve, spoon the prawn mixture into the tortilla shells, top with fresh chopped green onions and a spoonful of soured cream.