Chicken Salad Recipes with Bacon - Chicken Salad Recipes with an Irish bacon twist, appears regularly in modern Irish recipes
Chilli Chicken and Bacon Salad
* 2 boneless skinless chicken breast fillets
* 2½ tbsp sweet chili sauce, for dipping
* 2 tbsp lime juice
* 175g oven chips
* 5 rashers streaky bacon
* half a 75g bag watercress
* 2 heads chicory, thickly sliced
* 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced at an angle
* 2 small avocados, peeled, stoned and cut into wedges
Heat the oven to 220c/fan 200c/gas 7.
Brush both sides of the chicken with 1/2 tbsp chili sauce, season well and put on a large baking sheet.
Mix 2 tbsp chili sauce with the lime juice and 1 tbsp water to make a dressing.
Dice the oven chips and scatter round the chicken on the baking tray, then add the bacon rashers.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the potatoes and bacon are crispy and the chicken is cooked, but still nice and juicy.
Toss the watercress, chicory, spring onions and avocados in half the dressing and pile onto a platter.
Slice the chicken and scatter on top of the salad with the bacon and potato.
Spoon over the remaining dressing and eat while it's still warm.