How To Make Cheerio Bars Recipes - This is a fun snack made from Cheerios, peanut butter and peanuts that the kids will love to help you make and love to help you eat. The Cheerio bars are great for school lunch boxes or after school snacks.
Also there are so many flavours of Cheerios out there that you can make the bars a little different every time. You might also substitute any type of grain breakfast cereal like cornflakes, rice krispies or sugar puffs.
Makes: 12 bars
* ½ Cup (4.5 ounces) Peanut Butter
* ½ Cup (4 ounces) Sugar
* ½ Cup (4 ounces) Honey
* 3 Cup (3.3 ounces) Cheerios Cereal
* 1 Cup (5 ounces) Salted Peanuts
* 9 x 13 Inch Baking Pan
* Dry Measuring Cups
* Liquid Measuring Cup
* 2 Quart Saucepan
* Mixing Spoon
* Sharp Knife
Preparation Time: 10 minutes, cooling time: 10 minutes
1. Place about 2 tablespoons of butter in baking pan.
2. Use a paper napkin to spread the butter over the inside bottom and sides of the pan. Set aside pan.
3. Measure out the peanut butter, sugar, peanuts, and cereal using dry measuring cups. Use a liquid measuring cup for the honey.
4. Place sugar and honey in a saucepan.
5. Heat on medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
6. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until well blended.
7. Add cereal and peanuts to the mixture. Mix until the cereal is well coated.
8. Move the cereal mixture to the baking pan. Spread out evenly into the pan making sure to get it into the corners of the pan.
9. Let it cool for about 20 minutes.
10. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Top Tips: After cutting into squares, you can wrap the bars individually in plastic wrap so that you can easily have one when you want it.