How To Make Burger Biscuits Recipes - Bulgar wheat is often confused with cracked wheat. The main difference is that it is pre-cooked and therefore ready to eat with the minimum of cooking time.
The bulgar wheat adds a pleasant nutty flavour to these biscuits.
1/4 cup shortening
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cooked bulgur
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
2/3 cup skim milk (about)
* Heat oven to 450º.
* Cut shortening into flours, baking powder and salt with pastry blender or 2 knives in large bowl until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
* Stir in bulgur.
* Stir in just enough milk so dough leaves side of bowl and forms a ball.
* Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat.
* Knead lightly 10 times. Roll or pat 1/2 inch thick.
* Cut with floured 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
* Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.