How To Make Braised Chinese Mushrooms Recipes - These easy to make Chinese mushrooms are great as starters. For those who haven't tried them before the texture is quite chewy and moist.
They absorb a lot of the liquid they are cooked in so are really very tasty.
1/4 cup large dried Chinese mushrooms
4 shallots or spring onions
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
3 tbsp peanut oil
* Place mushrooms in a bowl and cover them with boiling water.
* After 30 minutes, remove from the bowl, conserving the liquid.
* Remove the stalks and discard then press the mushrooms caps over the bowl to collect the expressed liquid.
* Strain 1 1/4 cups of the liquid in to a fresh bowl and discard the rest.
* Add soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil and stir to dissolve the sugar.
* Heat the peanut oil in a wok and add the mushrooms caps. Fry for 4 minutes.
* Add the mushroom broth and bring to the boil.
* Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed by the mushrooms.
* Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the finely chopped spring onions or shallots.
* Serve immediately.