How To Make Apple Rhubarb Bread Recipes - Okay, hands up anyone that rhubarb does not remind of their Granny? See, no-one! Everybody´s Gran loves rhubarb and everyone loves this Apple Rhubarb Bread - especially Granny.
Apple Rhubarb Bread Ingredients:
* 1 1/2 cups finely chopped rhubarb (1/2 pound)
* 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled or unpeeled apples (1 * 1/2 medium)
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 4 eggs
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans -- if desired
* 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Apple Rhubarb Bread Directions:
1. Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven.
2. Heat oven to 350º.
3. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, approx 9 × 5 × 3 inches.
4. Mix rhubarb, apples, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pans.
6. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans to wire rack.
8. Cool completely before slicing.
This recipe will make two loaves of roughly 24 slices each.