How To Make Apple Cinnamon Granola Bread Recipes - Reputedly cinnamon has aphrodisical qualities. Sadly much of the cinnamon bought in stores today is really cassia or a mix of cassia and cinnamon.
No matter, both do very well in this bread recipe. The apple and cinnamon complement each other very well and the granola and walnuts give added flavour and texture.
Apple Cinnamon Granola Bread Ingredients:
* 1/2 c Butter, softened
* 1/2 c Brown Sugar
* 1/2 c Granulated Sugar
* 2 x Eggs
* 3 tb Sour Cream
* 1 x Banana, mashed
* 1 ts Vanilla
* 2 c Flour
* 1 ts Baking Powder
* 1 ts Baking Soda
* 1/2 ts Cinnamon
* 2 x Apples, cored and chopped
* 1/2 c Chopped Walnuts
Apple Cinnamon Granola Bread Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
2. Cream butter and sugars, and beat in eggs. Stir in sour cream, banana and vanilla.
3. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon.
4. Gradually add to butter mixture.
5. Gently stir in apples and nuts.
6. Spoon into greased bread pan and bake 1 hour.